Book – Alienated
Author – Melissa Landers
Series – Alienated
Rating – 4.5 Stars
OMG! OMG! OMG!
This books is super duper awesome 😀
So what would you do, when you agree to live with an alien. That’s right an A L I E N! Yeah, you fall in love with him 😉
Two years ago, the aliens made contact. Now Cara Sweeney is going to be sharing a bathroom with one of them.
Handpicked to host the first-ever L’eihr exchange student, Cara thinks her future is set. Not only does she get a free ride to her dream college, she’ll have inside information about the mysterious L’eihrs that every journalist would kill for. Cara’s blog following is about to skyrocket.
Still, Cara isn’t sure what to think when she meets Aelyx. Humans and L’eihrs have nearly identical DNA, but cold, infuriatingly brilliant Aelyx couldn’t seem more alien. She’s certain about one thing, though: no human boy is this good-looking.
But when Cara’s classmates get swept up by anti-L’eihr paranoia, Midtown High School suddenly isn’t safe anymore. Threatening notes appear in Cara’s locker, and a police officer has to escort her and Aelyx to class.
Cara finds support in the last person she expected. She realizes that Aelyx isn’t just her only friend; she’s fallen hard for him. But Aelyx has been hiding the truth about the purpose of his exchange, and its potentially deadly consequences. Soon Cara will be in for the fight of her life—not just for herself and the boy she loves, but for the future of her planet.
I loved this book. Why?
1. For once Alien or not the guy acts his age. He is just an 18 year old who feels confusion, love, fear, hatred. Not the superbeing who’s like, ‘I am an Alien, I fear nothing’.
2. I love Cara, because c-mon, she is the debate champ, she is faithful and she is firm, not to mention persistent when she sets to find out a food Aelyx is okay with.
3. I loved how they fall in love with each other, slowly but surely, not the lust that turned to love, but the friendship that turned to love.
4. I loved how Aelyx hands would get clammy when he first thinks of kissing Clara.
5. I loved it how they were there for each other till the end
6. and most of all I loved that Cara forgave Aelyx.
although I love the ‘I am the all alpha male, dominant and demanding’ I loved Aelyx and his soft and gentle behavior. How he hugged Cara, when he thought she was in danger, how he was ready to risk taking her with him. Basically I recommend everyone to read this awesome book.
But I also felt the book was too short. I wish Aelyx and Cara had more time together, more getting to know each other. It was like as soon as they kissed they professed their love, and Cara was ready to leave with him. They should have done more getting to know each other. Maybe that’s because this book is a series, but because of the abruptness I felt like I couldn’t feel more, delve more into the book.
I’m waiting for the 2nd book ‘invaded’ where they have this long distance relationship. That’s gonna be the true test in their love. Cant wait for the book 🙂 🙂
Thank you my two new wordpress friends who recommended this book to me.
And Happy Reading everyone 🙂