Author: Rachel Van Dyken
Rating: 5 big huge stars
I’m not your typical girl. I’ve been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness…until Wes Michals offered to be my light.
I didn’t know that time wasn’t my ally — that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself. He tried to warn me. He promised me all he was able to offer–each moment as it came–but it would never be enough.
Sometimes when you think it’s the end, it’s only the beginning. Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn’t–I wouldn’t ever be the same.
And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own.
As of now I have officially adopted Rachel Van Dyken as my favourite author, ever!
1. You were awake till 3 a.m. in the morning knowing you had to get ready for work at six (that includes me being the grumpy person I am I have to have at least 8 or more hours of sleep or I’m gonna be dozing off every 5 mins)
2. Your mom threatened to confiscate your phone because she saw it blinking till the early dawn.
3. Your brother yelled at you and threw you under the bus because you were caught reading (again) till the early dawn.
4. You cried so hard, you wet your pillows with your tears.
5. You told yourself that even if it took you years to save the money to get your visa and ticket you would somehow find a way to go to America, find Rachel Van Dyken, and kill her if she let Wes die.
6. You were so happy by the end of the book, that you were (Yes!) hiccupping tears of joy.
7. Even though you have a deadline for Wednesday to complete your work, you’re still so obsessed with the book you read that you sneaked in somehow to write a review.
8. You still can’t get the book outta your head.
9. Your waiting for Christmas to come soon so you could shut out the world, grab a huge piece of cake and all the Christmas goodies, snuggle under your blanket and finish reading the series.
10. You know for sure that when you go home, you’re gonna start reading Toxic even if the sky would fall down and the pigs would fly.
Yep, that’s exactly how I felt, how I am feeling and what I’m gonna write about. In just a word, the book was, fabuvelousfantasupexcelwondersmashing. The book was so raw, I loved how the characters developed. How in teaching Kiersten to overcome her fears, her darkness, her grief, Wes taught me what to do. How Kiersten was there to hold Wes and guide him in his darkest time.
I loved the prayer he said at the hospital for Kiersten, damn it! That is love, not the typical bad boy falls for the good girl, but teaching something to your other half, caring so much…. It was not the typical lust lead to love story, it was that raw, heartbreaking book about finding love.
I loved Wes so much because he gave the world to Kiersten by giving her himself, by trusting her to make the right choice and not taking a decision all by himself. Maybe you would consider it selfish but we all have to be given a choice haven’t we? It’s not like the fault in our stars, I think it wasn’t a book with a tragic story to move us, I think it was the love in them that moved me. The last time I cried this hard was when I first read ‘Love Story’ and all Nicholas Sparks books.
But it’s not all tears, I beg each and everyone if you have a chance, please read this book. Discover not only love, but how to overcome your fears. How to
do things that you fear, being afraid.
Usually I don’t read books that have a protagonist who was a friend or enemy in the previous book. Please don’t ask me why, it’s just the way I am. Like Toxic (book 2) is going to be about Gabe, who is Kiersten’s best friend and protector. I have never understood how when in the first book, the character whose love failed had another book about finding his real love or how when I think of the guy in the first book to be my all alpha male how I can shift my feeling to another guy. Like even though I Loved the Lux series with a capital L, I refused to read Dawson’s story (even though I read it, and it was amazing), but I wanna find about Gabe. He was so supportive to not only Kiersten but Wes too.
Now show me a book where that happened. Wes seemed so human to me, it made the book so real.
And yeah I like Ms. Rachel coz she gave Wes and 8 pack 😉 Yeah! I have never understood how a guy over 6 feet tall could only have a six pack, and Kiersten counted them all, so must be true :p lol
The book was funny too, it made me laugh and blush. I have this weird obsession with unique pet names, like Daemon Calling Kate, Kitty in Lux.
Little Lamb! I love it.
Okay, enough with my ranting and happy reading guys.
Btw, This Christmas, I’m spending it upcountry with my bestie and her twin, yay! The first time I’m gonna go there by train, and maybe I would put a pic of two from that place. So if I don’t post anything before Christmas,
I’m wishing you the merriest Christmas, and please do save some goodies and stories for me, eh 😉